Department Of Immuno-Hematology and Blood Transfusion provides clinical services to support patients in need of blood component therapy, cellular therapy, therapeutic apheresis, and specialized laboratory diagnostics. We are having the latest state-of-the-art Immunohematology Reference Lab and offer MD Degree in Immuno-Hematology and Blood Transfusion.
The aim of our department is to provide high-quality patient care and hospital services, to pursue research that contributes to our knowledge and practice of transfusion medicine and related technologies, and to provide advanced training in transfusion medicine.
Our Blood bank is one of the largest blood banks in the NORTH INDIA collecting approximately 30,000 – 32,000 units annually.
SCOPE OF SERVICES:
- Collection, Preparation, Storage, and Supply of blood and Blood Components.
- Screening For Transfusion Transmitted Infections (TTI) by Fourth Generation ELISA and ID-NAT
- Leukoreduced Blood & Blood Components
- Platelet pheresis
- Therapeutic Plasma Exchange Procedures
- Therapeutic Phlebotomy
- Transfusion Support Services—Medical Consults
- ABO and Rh: Forward and Reverse Grouping (ID Micro Typing System)
- Compatibility Testing: (ID Micro Typing System)
- Direct Coombs test
- Indirect Coombs test
- Rh Antibody Titer
SCREENING FOR TRANSFUSION TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS BY INDIVIDUAL DONOR- NUCLEIC ACID TESTING (ID- NAT)
TRANSFUSION TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Hepatitis C (HCV)
- Hepatitis B (HBV)
INDIVIDUAL DONOR- NUCLEIC ACID TESTING (ID- NAT)
Department Of Immuno-Hematology and Blood Transfusion takes pride in being the first blood bank in the state of Punjab to completely implement Individual Donor- Nucleic Acid Testing (ID- NAT) for each donation.
It is an advanced test that detects viruses like HIV, HCV, and HBV, if they were present in the blood of a donor, thereby reducing the window period of such diseases from weeks to few days.
This test, when combined with the ‘Fourth Generation ELISA’ being done at our blood bank, ensures that our patients get the best possible quality and safest blood.